Roof Repair (Day 90)

Today I got up on the roof and patched the cracks around the chimney.  It seems someone has already got up there and did a round of repairs. I removed any old sealant that was coming off and got in under the shingles and filled any gaps that might be letting the rain in.  I couldn’t see any definite cracks in the lead flashing to warrant the removal of shingles. So hopefully this will stop the moisture leaching in the house. We’ll just have to see when the next rain comes.

~ by bigbarnproject on January 25, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: